Get Married at the Lighthouse
The inviting lawn and magical sunsets at Currituck Beach Lighthouse make for a beautiful wedding setting. Several dozen wedding ceremonies are held on the grounds of the lighthouse compound each year ranging in size from 5 to 150 guests per occasion. Please note that the lighthouse grounds are available for ceremonies only.
To tentatively reserve a portion of the grounds for a wedding ceremony, please call the site manager, at (252) 453-8152 or e-mail: email@example.com
A Security Deposit and Fee of $500.00 is required in order to book this amenity.
The tentative date and time will be confirmed in writing upon receipt of the $500 rental fee and a signed copy of the Wedding Agreement.
Final plans must be confirmed with site manager two weeks prior to the scheduled wedding ceremony.
Click here to download the Wedding Agreement in PDF format.
Wedding Ceremony Policies:
- Ceremonies may be scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Ceremonies must take place in the southwest corner of the site.
- Ceremony set-up must take place on the day of the wedding.
- Arrangements for chairs, tables, tents, and decorations are the responsibility of the Lessee.
- Bird seed may be used; rice, confetti or other artificial materials are prohibited.
- Portable music or bands are allowed within the terms of the Wedding Agreement.
- The site shall be used as is; without rearranging benches, plants or other materials.
- A staff member will be on duty and present on the site.
- No dress changing facilities are available..
- The lighthouse and grounds will remain open during operational hours (9-5 daily)
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited within the fenced compound.
- Regular admissions and suggested donations apply to guest who wish to climb the lighthouse. A sign-in requirement shall also apply to guests who wish to climb.
- In the case of inclement weather (thunderstorms, hurricanes) that prohibits the ceremony taking place on site, many couples choose to use their reception site as a backup location.
The local magistrate is eligible to conduct wedding ceremonies and can be reached by calling Currituck Dispatch at (252) 232-2913, though the couple may use any officiant of their choosing.
Currituck County register of deeds can provide information about a marriage license at (252) 232-3297. Licenses are valid for 60 days.