Get Married at the Lighthouse
The inviting lawn and magical sunsets at Currituck Beach Lighthouse make for a beautiful wedding setting. Several dozen wedding ceremonies are held on the grounds of the lighthouse compound each year ranging in size from 5 to 150 guests per occasion. Please note that the lighthouse grounds are available for ceremonies only.
To tentatively reserve a portion of the grounds for a wedding ceremony, please call the site manager, at (252) 453-8152 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Security Deposit and Fee of $500.00 is required in order to book a wedding.
The tentative date and time will be confirmed in writing upon receipt of the $500 rental fee and two original signed copies of the Wedding Agreement.
Final plans must be confirmed with site manager two weeks prior to the scheduled wedding ceremony.
Click here to download the Wedding Agreement in PDF format.
Wedding Ceremony Policies:
- Ceremonies may be scheduled between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m
- Ceremonies must take place in the southwest corner of the site
- Ceremony set-up must take place on the day of the wedding
- Arrangements for chairs, tables, tents, and decorations are the responsibility of the Lessee
- Bird seed may be used; rice, confetti or other artificial materials are prohibited
- Portable music or bands are allowed within the terms of the Wedding Agreement
- The site shall be used as is; without rearranging benches, plants or other materials
- A staff member will be on duty and present on the site
- No dress changing facilities are available
- Restrooms are available in season only (April through November) across the parking lot
- The lighthouse and grounds will remain open during operational hours (10-5 daily)
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited within the fenced compound
- The regular $7 per person fee and sign-in requirement shall apply to guests who wish to climb the lighthouse
Suggestions for those eligible to conduct wedding ceremonies include Barry Richman, magistrate (252) 453-9899; Reverend Shirley Ann, Carolina Wedding Company (252) 441-9077 or email@example.com; and Rick A. Griffis, pastor, or John Straus, pastor-emeritus, of the nearby historic Corolla Chapel (252) 453-4224. If it is available, the chapel is an excellent back-up location in case of inclement weather. The chapel will accommodate approximately 250 people. The Whalehead Club is also available for weddings and receptions. For further information please call (252) 453-9040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currituck County register of deeds can provide information about a marriage license at (252) 232-3297. Licenses are valid for 60 days.